Nexans appoints Jorge Tagle as Executive Vice President for the newly created South America Area
Paris, October 2nd, 2008 – Nexans, the worldwide leader in the cable industry, has appointed Jorge Tagle as a member of the Group Executive Committee and Executive Vice President for the newly created South America Area, with effect from September 30, 2008 which corresponds to the closing of the acquisition of the cable business of Madeco, the cable market leader in South America, by Nexans.
Jorge Tagle joins Nexans from Alusa SA, the Luksic Group company and leading flexible printed packaging in South American market, where he was Chief Executive Officer responsible for operations in Chile, Argentina and Peru. Before joining Alusa SA in 2005, Jorge Tagle was Chief Financial Officer for Madeco SA, also a member of the Luksic Group, which specializes in the production of copper and aluminium products, including cable operations in Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Perú and Colombia.
Jorge Tagle is a native of Chile and has a degree in Industrial Engineering from the Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile. In 1998, he completed an MBA at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, where he majored in finance and strategic management.
The Nexans Executive Committee will now comprise 11 members:
- Gerard Hauser - Chairman and CEO
- Frédéric Vincent - Chief Operating Officer
- Pascal Portevin - Chief Corporate Officer, in charge of Strategic Operations
- Yvon Raak - Chief Corporate Officer, in charge of Europe Area
- Wolfgang Bedorf - Executive Vice President Middle East Africa Russia Area
- Michel Lemaire - Executive Vice President Asia-Pacific Area
- Frédéric Michelland - Chief Financial Officer
- Patrick Noonan - Senior Corporate Vice President, General Counsel
- Jorge Tagle – Executive Vice President South America Area
- Gordon Thursfield, Executive Vice-President North America Area
- Jacques Villemur - Senior Corporate Vice President Human Resources
Nexans este lider mondial in industria cablurilor. Grupul prezinta o gama extinsa de solutii avansate pe cupru si fibra optica, pentru pietele de infrastuctura, industrie si constructii. Sistemele de cablare si cablurile Nexans se regasesc in orice domeniu, de la retele de telecomunicatii si energie, la aeronautica, aerospatiale, automobile, cai ferate, constructii, petrochimie, medicina, diverse aplicatii etc. Nexans opereaza in 39 tari, are circa 22,800 angajati si a avut in 2007 o cifra de afaceri de 7.4 miliarde de Euro. Nexans este listata la bursa dein Paris. Mai multe informatii puteti gasi pe site-ul www.nexans.com